Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
LCAs are the modern approach to calculate the environmental impact and the overall value of a product. The assessments are usually very complex and sophisticated.
It is difficult to supply complete results because to calculate the life cycle value of a product all components and their interaction have to be valued over all stages of a product’s life.
Beginning with sourcing and manufacturing. Followed by Installation, Usage and end-of-life aspects.
There is no standard for these assessments.
The main targets are:
- sustainable sourcing of used materials (like timber)
- efficient manufacturing and administration
- long term energy efficiency
- low maintenance
- long life cycle
- recyclable and reusable product & components
- reduced impact of transport at any stage of the life cycle